If you are thinking of planning a trip for your School Group or University / College and you are considering any country then Edutour is definitely the perfect educational travel partner for you.
We have years of experience with special interests and educational groups and have many success stories of groups visiting. We know that India has a great deal to offer as an outdoors classroom, with pristine natural assets and authentic cultures, as well as access to amenities of international standard. Whether it is your first trip to India, or a return visit, we know we can contribute to the educational value of your programme. When it comes to educational experiences, no matter the level of academic requirements,
we guarantee you are in good hands. And we work with you from start to finish ensuring we understand exactly what you would like to achieve with your programme.
Planning a group tour can be daunting. The distance and perceived risk in many cases need to be justified by the value of the experience as a whole. Here are a few steps to guide you through the process.
Step 1: Talk to us
Contact us via our website form, email, Skype or phone; Share your interests, requirements and ideals for your group tour. We will guide you through the process by asking the right questions.
Step 2: Proposal
We take into account your group’s needs, special interests and specific requests and work with our experience and on the ground knowledge to create a proposed itinerary and estimated price. This process is a conversation and with your inputs, we refine the final proposed itinerary.
Step 3: Provisional Phase
Once we have the most suitable proposed itinerary and you accept it in principal, we go ahead and make some provisional preparations and bookings to make sure everything is in place for your group.
Step 4: Recruit your Group
If you have a preliminary group, now is the time to confirm who will be joining you. If you don’t have a group in place, we can help you with promotional material such as e-brochures and proposals to present to relevant bodies or organisations. We could also present the itinerary via a webinar or arrange a conference call to answer any questions or concerns.
Step 5: Seal the Deal
Once we have an idea of numbers we start finalising booking. A payment schedule, along with relevant pre-departure documents is shared and we are in constant communication to make sure all is in place. Final changes and adjustments are made 4 weeks prior to arrival and all that’s left to do is meet our tour manager at the airport / railway station or preferred location for your group’s life-changing journey.
We realise the responsibility of bringing a group to India & Abroad… Travel to any foreign destination has its risks. At Edutour, we take every precaution to make sure that groups are guided through their destination of choice as safely as possible.
Our safety and support infrastructure has been in place for over 10 years with an impeccable record of no major incidents.
- Informed Group Leaders
We ensure that group leaders are briefed in advance so that they have all the information needed for their trip. Information shared includes pre-departure documents where safety guidelines are shared in order to help group leaders and groups orientate themselves regarding their upcoming trip. Our country-by-country risk assessments are updated regularly and we share this with group leaders so that they are up to speed with all the latest details. Our pre-departure and on-trip briefs undertake to give group leaders the peace of mind that they have all the information needed to feel prepared.
This means we are aware of the current situation within each region in real-time and have the local knowledge with regards to travel related logistics. Our relationships with our suppliers are also well maintained thanks to our local presence.
- Constant support
Our local group coordinators and general managers are in touch with our guides throughout the trip. Group leaders also have access to emergency mobile numbers, which gives them access to support 24/7. Our staffs are committed to solving an emergency as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Financial Security
Edutour has relevant public liability and passenger insurance that cover group leaders and groups throughout the trip.
- Specialist Tour Manager
Our tour managers are qualified, in-house guides and are well trained and prepared for each trip. We provide them with emergency guidelines and contacts relevant to each trip. They also have years of experience in travel and know their regions well.
We choose our suppliers carefully and build relationships based on excellence, reputable service, safety and security on premises and reliability. With groups visiting us for over 10 years, we have confidence that we can pick accommodation service providers that have our groups’ interests at heart.
Planning a trip to a new and relatively unknown destination can be a daunting task. To make things easier, we make sure to send through a pre-departure document to all our groups. This document contains the essentials you need to know regarding the regions and countries relevant to your trip.
Here are a few general tips to bear in mind when preparing for your visit:
How much spending money you need is very individual and depends on how much you eat (excluding the meals provided), drink and shop. When deciding how much money to bring please also takes into account what optional activities you anticipate doing.
The safest way of having money in foreign currency when you travel is by using a debit/credit card from your country. Please ensure that you alert your bank that you will be travelling across borders.
Be sure to check your pre-departure documents for information regarding malaria risk areas. Consult a physician regarding appropriate precautions, depending on the time of year you will be travelling. The most important defences against malaria are:
- Using a DEET- based mosquito repellent
- Covering your skin with long-sleeved clothing, especially around dusk
- Using mosquito nets while sleeping
Tabard and Peaceful Sleep are commonly used mosquito repellents and can be bought almost anywhere. Also read on malaria and mosquitoes travel topics.
(c)Passports and visas
Please take note, when it comes to passports and visas, we can only give guidelines. It is the responsibility of each traveller to check and confirm the exact requirements for your travels. But here are some steps to follow:
Step 1: Check that your current passport is valid.
Travellers need to check that their passports are valid for at least 90 days following their departure date from Countries. To play it safe – we advise that the passport needs to be valid for at least six months at the time of travel.
Step 2: Make sure your passport has a blank visa page.
It is best to have at least two pages open in your passport for potential visas during your travels.
Step 3: Confirm whether you need a transit visa for flight connections.
Check your flight details and consult with the relevant airline to see whether you need visas for any countries you may be passing through.
Step 4: Always travel with copies of your passport and relevant visas. Make sure your documents are safe at all times. It may be a good measure to give copies of your passports and visas to your group leader for safekeeping too.
Edutour follows The National Centre for Disease Control’s (NCDC) guidelines for vaccinations. The CDC recommends specific vaccinations for international travel, and for more information on traveller’s health in your program country you may visit the CDC web site at: http://www.ncdc.gov.in/
(e)Staying in Touch
Most of your accommodation will have internet access, whether via Wi-Fi or computers on site. This is not always free however, but it is a good option to stay in touch with family and friends. Travellers could also look into a Sim Card for their phone, although some regions may have registration requirements (including proof of residential address).
Personal travel insurance is compulsory for all our expeditions. Make sure your insurance has comprehensive cover for personal accident, medical expenses, repatriation, personal effects and luggage. You should also have cancellation and curtailment insurance.
(g)Important travel tips
We believe it’s important that travellers prepare themselves mentally before they visit a new country, especially when it comes to community or environmental service during our various programmes. It is important to respect the culture and environment you visit.
Here are our three tips for ethical travel:
- Respect the environment
Take care to preserve the natural state and beauty of the places you visit and only leave behind your footprint – not litter!
- Respect the people
Learning about a culture before you travel can help you gain a deeper appreciation. By providing an outside perspective, international travellers can sometimes help a community to see greater value in its own resources. If you are going to be involved in community outreach, it will sometimes be appropriate to dress conservatively.
- Take part in your experience
By simply participating in another culture you are helping to create a global community. Consider yourself an ambassador of your own country and to be representing your own culture. Think about how your actions are perceived by your host community. Share parts of your culture while learning about the culture of another, and share what you have learnt once you return home. By participating in community identified service programmes, you will have a direct and positive impact on local communities and ecosystems that will continue once your program is over.
We recommend you keep all personal luggages within the relevant airline’s restriction i.e. 20 kg or less. If travellers can, we recommend they bring along a backpack (preferably with built-in frame) and a day bag. Large suitcases are not recommended, as they can be difficult to store on the vehicles. Please advise your group to avoid bringing too much clothing. They should also try to pack clothes that are easy to wash and dry. The weather is likely to be warm during the day but the temperatures will drop considerably during the evening and night.
Here is a list of Essential Items that you can share with your group:
- Valid passport
- Photocopies of passport, visa & health insurance information
- Small daypack/backpack (to be used as carry-on bag)
- Prescription medications packed in carry-on
- Bag, in original bottles (includes inhalers, Epi-Pens, etc.)
- Antibacterial hand gel
- Over-the-counter medications for allergies, headaches, small scrapes, etc.
- Insect repellent & anti-itch products for mosquito bites
- Reusable water bottle (such as a Nalgene) to refill each day from large water containers
- Waterproof sunscreen SPF 30+
- Small flashlight or headlamp with spare batteries
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste/brush, etc.)
- Camera with extra memory card, battery and charger (converter may be necessary)
- Ziploc plastic bags for toiletries and wet clothes
- Notebook/journal & book/s
- Money belt with neck or waist strap (for money
- & passport)
- Watch and/or travel alarm clock
- Photos of your family, friends and hometown to share with your local hosts and kids in the communities
Pack cotton/light synthetic/quick-dry clothing.
- 5 short-sleeved shirts
- 4 long-sleeved shirts
- 3 pairs shorts or capri pants for service work
- 2 pairs of pants
- 1 pair of underwear for each travel day
- 1 pair athletic shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty for the service project
- 1-2 pairs of socks and underwear for each travel day
- Sleeping clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes for site seeing
- Comfortable walking sneakers
- Sandals or flip-flops (secure sandals with straps are best)
- Poncho or lightweight raincoat for rain
- Lightweight fleece or light jacket for cool nights
- Sunhat or hat with visor for rain and sun protection
- Sunglasses/contacts (bring an extra pair if prescriptive)
Do NOT Bring:
- Flashy or expensive jewellery
- Laptops, or any other electronic devices that could be damaged on this trip
Edutour is proud to stand by its service commitment to all of our educational groups:
- Private and customised tours
- An exceptional tour director accompanying your group at all times
- No hidden costs
- Our unique #Encounter Programme
- Group leaders/Educator travel for free*
- Authentic community service involvement
- Correspondence within 48 hours
- Value for money
Educational trips are educational experiences that allow students to apply their lessons to the real world. These trips tend to be the most memorable moments of a student’s career.
(a)Educational and Relaxing
Students are more likely to learn on an Educational trip because their minds are relaxed. They aren’t worried about the competitive classroom setting.
(b)Break from the Routine
Students see Educational trips as extended play time. If you find that you are approaching a topic that drains on your students, consider applying a relevant Educational trip to make the topic more enjoyable.
(c)Learn Something New
There are facts that aren’t included in the textbooks that are fascinating to know. Many experts can share knowledge to further the learning process about your topic.
Teachers expect students to be on their best behaviour during Educational trips. This is a way to teach students how to act properly and show their manners in a professional setting.
(e)Enhanced Sense of Community
If your Educational trip is to a local destination, students will gain a better understanding about their community. This sometimes boosts the students’ interest in being an active citizen to help preserve what makes the community special.
(f)Creates an Interest in New Professions
Educational trips usually involve a tour director or representative who leads the group. These representatives can give students insight into the careers that are available for those who are interested in that particular topic.
- 80% costs shall be paid in advance to the company on first registration day of tour. Required total amount shall be paid in 2 instalments:
- 10% Payment at the Time of first day of tour, and Rest of 10% payment on last day morning of tour.
- The tour price includes: Round trip transportation, Shared hotel accommodation, motor coach or vans, three meals per day while on tour or sightseeing, and venue tickets. All price quoted are studied prices and the student/parent, by signing below agree that he/she has studied registration brochure, fee structure and other charges before getting registered with Edutour.
- Edutour offers travel insurance to all the campers and is included in fee.
- The first-aid facility will be available with M/s Edutour official. However, the tour cost does not include cost towards the insurance premium. Hence, it is advisable that the clients get insurance cover at their own cost.
- All payment should be made directly to EDUTOUR via Cheque/Online Transfer.
- No interest shall be payable by Edutour on any deposit, what so ever.
I understand that my child will be transported at time in the Edutour program for field and other special circumstances. While en route, the child will be under direct supervision of M/s Edutour staff or their appointed/associated staff/driver/volunteers and will be subject to all regulations set for safety of the child. I will not hold M/s Edutour, Edutour staff, volunteers, driver, program agency or organizers or any other person responsible for loss of property or any physical inquires or losses, which may be sustained as a direct or indirect result of these activities or negligence.
We reserves flight/ train on major carriers. We cannot guarantee non-stop flights/trains. We cannot guarantee a specific airport/ railway station or airline/ Train. While we attempt to get group out of their preferred airport/railway station, it can never be guaranteed so you must be prepared to depart from airport/railway station that may be a distance from your home. A particular group may be divided into sub group in different airlines/train, depending on the available tickets as per Edutour preferences. Seating assignments will be made by the airlines/train, and upgrades, stopovers, changes and use of frequent flyer/run mileage are not possible. Edutour is not responsible for schedule changes, mechanical or weather delays that may occur and any extra charges, thus incurred, for change in flights/train, accommodation, meals, transportation or any other charges will be paid by parents or guardians.
Student will be placed up to four in a room with students of same gender, in some cases; five in a room may be placed with a rollway. Adult will be placed two to a room according to gender, except in the case of married adults. The student/ parents will be liable to pay any damage(s) caused by any negligent act to the property of the hotel in any manner whatsoever. They extent and the amount of the damage so caused will be as determined by the concerned hotel. Edutour will not intervene in the same in any way.
Menu of all meals are pre-set on the tour. If the student does not avail the meals (as offered in the menu) for any reason attributable to the student, then no claim can be made for the unutilized meal against Edutour. Edutour entertains the requests for special meals/room allocations only when the student gives such requests in writing and well in advance. Edutour will take all the necessary steps to ensure that these special requests are not honoured; Edutour would not be liable for any claim by the student.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICIES:
- 80% amount will be refunded, if number of student not adequate as per required criteria.
- Edutour reserve the right to cancel any tour for any reason, in which case, and no other case you will receive an appropriate refund.
- In case the departure date need to be rescheduled by Edutour for any reason and the participant doesn’t want to continue, the standard cancellation procedure will be effective and will be paid by parents/students.
- If the student confirmed by Edutour as participant of Edutour program fails to make subsequent payment at any stage, his/her earlier deposited fee will be forfeited.
- if the tour or any part thereof cannot be conducted due to force majeure the company shall not be responsible to give any refund to you, however at its sole discretion the company gives the refund based on various factors like the visa fee, program fees, the cancellation policies of suppliers like airlines, train, coach, hoteliers, operators, etc or any other fees applicable. The decision of the company on the quantum of the refund shall be final.
PICTURE / PUBLIC MATERIAL POLICY:
I on behalf of my child/ward, give permission to M/s Edutour to publish any or all pictures, thesaurus, research, finding and videos of my child’s work done during the duration and conduct of this program in any publication, public relations, advertisement and any lawful purpose without limitation, reservation or any compensation.
- Any use of possession of alcoholic beverage or drugs during the tour is strictly prohibited and may result in the student’s expulsion from the tour. Such cases will result in sending back of the ward to his/her state/country. With an escort. The sponsor concerned will have to pay for the cost of early flight, train, bus of the child as well as the escort back to homeland. The student or parent, as the case may be, shall solely be responsible for any civil/criminal and other infringement of law and Edutour shall not be responsible for any such infringement directly or indirectly. Vandalism or shoplifting will result in expulsion from the program and may lead to prosecution under the state/local laws and Edutour would not be held liable or responsible for occurrence or pursuing solution of such situations.
- While travelling, the student is expected to abide by local lows, including those concerning drugs or alcohol or use/possession of any harmful article(s). The will also be responsible for any personal call or incidental personal expenses, or any damage done to the buses or hotel while on tour. Breaking these laws and rules may be ground for being sent home early from the tour at sponsor’s expenses. The school or Edutour retain the right to collect fines from the child on the spot or on returning to the homeland, in case he/she is found guilty of any damage done during tour.
- Students are required to be in group of two or more (buddy system) when in shopping areas, swimming pools, sightseeing areas and during official tour functions. Students are strictly advised to adhere to the tour schedule and are not permitted to go outside. Edutour program are educational in nature and parents/guardian/student are already aware of security and discipline measures which will be taken by Edutour during the tour and are enrolling in the program, only after being satisfied for the arrangements.
EXCULUSION IN TOUR PRICE:
- Government service tax. (current 4.5% on Aug 2016)
- Anything not specifically mentioned in “The tour price includes” is not included in the price.
- In case for any reason may be medical or behavioural, a student need to go back to the homeland along with the escort; the sponsor concerned will need to pay for the flights/train/bus back to homeland for both child as well as escort.
M/s Edutour cannot be held responsible for loss of personal property including money, and is not responsible for location lost property. Edutour cannot be held responsible for personal injury, property damage, or loss of earning from any event whatsoever caused by hotels, railways, airlines and all sub-contracted service or missing of the student during the tour due to disregard of instructions and discipline or due to personal negligence or intentions otherwise . The participants shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless M/s Edutour and its officers, directors, partners, agents, members and employees, participating school or institutions involved in operation of the tour, from and against all demands, claims, damages to person or property, losses and liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees, except to the extent and percentage attributable to negligence or wrongful action.
* All parties agree that in the event of legal action concerning this program, all litigation shall be brought only Jaipur court in India and that such litigation shall be decided pursuant to the law if India. Edutour may amend the Terms and Conditions time to time without any notice.
* T & C Applied.